What Is Multi-Variate Testing?
According to Sentient AI, it is a system of tests where different variables are used. Different variables are used to test a specific hypothesis. The end result is to determine which combinations of variables provides the best outcome.
Is there a difference between A/B Testing and Multi-Variate Testing?
According to Sentient AI, there is two major difference and they will affect the general outcome of the tests you are performing.
1) The A/B Test allows you to create two different versions of the same page. You split the traffic equally between the two. You can also use 4 different pages. An A/B Test allows you to change the variables in your favor.
2) The Multi-Variate Test allows to test specific elements on a specific page. You are not testing different pages, as you are with an A/B Test. You are testing different elements on one page with a Multi-Variate Test.
The goal of the second test is to see what elements in a page gives you the best results. Some elements give you the desired outcome when compared to others. The Multi-Variate Test shows you the results.
Which one Should I use?
What outcome you are looking for? Multi-Variate Testing offers three advantages over the A/B Testing.
1) This test allows you to measure a customer’s patterns. It lets you see the customer’s behavior. The results are a good way to analyze what does and does not work in terms of conversion. Your goal is to turn a potential customer into an actual customer. Performing this test will give the answer you are looking for.
2) Every webpage has data that is both necessary and unnecessary. Your goal is to find out what data is not necessary. A test like this will give you the information you need. You can then remove all the unnecessary data and keep everything else.
3) The A/B Test gives you limited room for testing. You will only be able to test 2-4 full pages and not much else. The Multi-Variate Test gives you more options. You get to test different combinations, in different ways. You can perform the same 4 tests you did on one page with all your other pages. The analysis gives you more information and pays close attention to some of the finer details.